Time lapse video of Polar Vortex cold front approaching Western Mass
FIREGROUND360° – July 23, 2014 - 8:30PM
No, it's not Armageddon. The heat of the day and the approaching cold front gave way to some pretty intense storms Wednesday evening. Frequent lightning, high winds and heavy rains swept through the area with surprisingly little damage.
Hatfield – Winds created patterns in the grass fields on Depot Rd.
- Northampton home destroyed in fire; blaze may have been caused by lightning - MassLIVE.com
- 3 Fla. firefighters sue over harassment, discrimination - FireRescue1.com
- MERS Virus Detected in Air Samples - GlobalBioDefense.com
- 3 Kansas City Cops Stop Youth Playing in the Street,What Broke Out Next We Can All Feel Good About - IJReview.com
- Doctor reveals story behind viral photo of boy clinging to medic - EMS1.com
- Woman steals Revere firefighter's wallet - MyFoxBoston.com
- Drone Video: Germany Composting Plant - Mike Tango
- R.I. firefighter loses hand to flesh-eating bacteria - FireRescue1.com
Air Algerie says missing plane likely crashed in Mali
London (CNN) – An Air Algerie flight with at least 116 people on board which dropped off the radar in the early hours of Thursday has apparently crashed in Mali, the flight operator said. Air Algerie said via Twitter that the plane has apparently crashed in the Tilemsi area, about 70 kilometers (45 miles) from the southeastern city of Gao.
- Los Angeles Fire Department to hire 165 new firefighters in wake of recruiting controversy - DailyNews.com
- Joe Biden Once Looked At Putin And Said 'I Don't Think You Have A Soul' - Huffington Post
- BACK IN THE DAY: COP LANGUAGE - NewYorkNatives.com
- The Rig - RigSpot.com
- Camp Encouraging Women to Fight Fires - BlackBurnNews.com
- Sleeping Man Dumped Into Recycling Truck - NBCNewYork.com
- This Year's Mayfly Hatch Was So Big It Showed Up On Radar And Caused A Car Wreck - Huffington Post
- Power Knocked Out Planet Wide / $2+ Trillion In Damage... Remembering An Extraordinary Anniversary - Fox41 Blogs
- Springfield hopes for reuses of old fire stations boosted by consultant's report of Massachusetts success stories - MassLIVE.com