FIREGROUND360° – Tropical Storm Bertha was upgraded to a Category 1 hurricane yesterday, but was quickly downgraded as it approached and passed the Carolinas. Weather officials report it will stay well out to sea, but we may experience a coastal high surf and rip currents. Another sigh of relief for the second Atlantic hurricane of the season.
- Bertha weakens to a tropical storm - ABC 7 News
- Bertha Stirs Rough Surf Along US East Coast - AccuWeather.com
- Hurricane Bertha expected to pass 300 miles to the west of Island - The Royal Gazette
BestNewsClips – Rescuers in Fuyang City, China use "indigenous method" to expel water from her lungs. Amazingly, she is saved.
Easthampton firefighters quickly knock down Pleasant Street fire - MassLIVE.com
- Artwork damaged in Easthampton fire - My Fox Boston
- Suzuki Recalls Nearly 26,000 Vehicles For fire Risk - FireEngineering.com
- Caught On Camera: Woman Falls Down Rocky Hillside While Hiking In Eaton Canyon - CBS Los Angeles
- 20-year-old firefighter suffers brain bleed, remains hospitalized - FireRescue1.com
- More than 10K rush to apply for LAFD positions - FireRecue1.com
- Watch A Lifeguard Rescue A Drowning Child Who Almost Went Unnoticed - BuzzFeed
- New York Firefighters Rescue 3 Kids From Brooklyn Fire - Chicago Fire Wire
10 ways to better respond to special needs patients - FireRescue1.com
- Woman arrested for stealing Mass. firefighter's wallet - FireRescue1.com
- 9-1-1 What Is Your Emergency... My Facebook is down! - FireGeezer.com
- Dog Saves Sleeping Long Island Family From Fire - NBC New York
New York Post – How is this for a close call? A young couple have captured the moment they were nearly struck by lightning while taking a romantic selfie on holiday in Mexico. Luis Morales Fukutake and his girlfriend were swimming during a storm near Cancun and decided to take a selfie, when a lightning bolt hit the ground just a few metres behind the pair.