Indoors during an earthquake:
DROP to the ground; take COVER under a sturdy table or other piece of furniture; and HOLD ON until it stops.
Outdoors during an earthquake:
Stay outside, away from buildings, utility wires, anything that can fall on you or your vehicle and wait.
After an earthquake:
Do not call 9-1-1 unless you have an emergency. Keep phone lines open for emergencies.
- For more tips on what to do before, during, and after an earthquake visit Mass.gov
- Earthquakes: Before, During + After - Ready.gov
- To learn more about why earthquakes happen in New England, see this article from the Weston Observatory
- Download Massachusetts Alerts App on your smart device
- Another earthquake shakes Eastern Connecticut – WTNH.com
- Update: Connecticut Town Hit by Five Earthquakes in One Week, Texas Town with 13 in 2015 Alone – People Magazine